Tuesday 11 October 2011

My Front Cover

























My Contents Page (original)



























Evaluation of My Front cover and Contents page

Front cover positives

My front cover is attractive and eye-catching due to three things:

·         Font

·         Font Colour

·         Unusual yet logical picture

The font I chose was big and eye-caching. This is what people want in a magazine as it sells the product to them. The second thing that was good was my use of font colour. I chose it carefully so it didn’t clash with the photo. This meant I couldn’t use colours like light green as it clashed with the plants in the background.

The picture I chose was a boy hiding behind a bush this is a reference to the army and as it’s a survival guide to the exams it is logical but at the same time you have to think “what’s this about”

Front cover negatives

The bad things about my front cover are that I believe I didn’t use enough plugs on the side of the magazine also I thought I could maybe add some effects onto the title which would have made it a lot more effective. Some of the colours don’t really suit the magazine’s style. For example the use of red on the page while eye-catching looks out of place on the cover.



Contents Page Positives

My contents page is very eye-catching due to the extraordinary amount of colour on the page. Also the font I used again held its own even with all the colour in the background. Also I believe I have described the articles in the magazine well enough for people to know what they can expect from the magazine in general.

Contents Page Negatives

Unfortunately the contents page looks as if there has been no thought gone into it what so ever. The background while eye-catching is over the top and there is way to much going on the page. I find that after the front cover which was quite good the contents page lets down the work heavily and does not fit with the general trend the magazine would go for.to improve it there should have been a camo background used  instead or a picture of some sought.

No comments:

Post a Comment