Monday 31 October 2011

Name ideas
I have come up with a number of magazine names for my magazine. I have chosen these names because I believe they suit the style and type of magazine I am going for:
·         Rockapalooza
·         The Rock-a-thon
·         Chord
·         The glory days
·         11
·         Pump
·         The Reminisce
·         Daydreamer
·         Remedy
·         Axis
·         Golden music
These names make me think of classic rock apart from pump which is more for teenage. The three magazine names I most like are chord, Rock-a-palooza and The Rock-A-Thon. This is because they are all obviously music related and from the title you can tell what the magazine is about.
Chord: Chord is clever as it relates to guitar. It’s very simple but also memorable. Magazine’s like Q and NME which are short and simple are the most popular magazines.
Rockapalooza: The name is fun to say and is also memorable in the mind as it is very distinctive. Also it has connotations to party which people enjoy, making people buy my magazine because they can make that link between fun and my magazine.
The Rock-a-thon: it stays in the mind and makes me think of a huge musical celebration which is what my magazine is aiming for, a celebration of the golden age of music.

Colour connotations
I will use very simple colours as my target readers are sophisticated and educated. They will also have an interest in classic rock so will be reading the article instead of trying to attract the customers with pictures and big text. These colours will be light blue, dark blue, white or black. I will not use too many bright colours like red, yellow and green.   

No comments:

Post a Comment